Our Accessibility Statement.
This is an accessibility statement from the ethical move. It explains how we’ve set up our website, theethicalmove.org, so it’s as accessible as possible for our visitors.
Measures to support accessibility
We take the following measures to ensure accessibility of the ethical move:
- Include accessibility as part of our mission statement.
- Include accessibility throughout in our internal policies.
- Assign clear accessibility goals and responsibilities.
- Include people with disabilities in our design personas.
- Include people with disabilities in our development team.
The Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) define requirements for designers and developers to improve accessibility for people with disabilities. WCAG defines three levels of conformance: Level A, Level AA, and Level AAA.
the ethical move is partially conformant with WCAG 2.1 level AA.
Partially conformant means that some parts of our content do not fully conform to the accessibility standard.
We welcome your feedback on the accessibility of the ethical move. Please let us know if you encounter accessibility barriers on theethicalmove.org:
- E-mail: [email protected]
- Postal Address: 2793 Schooner Way, Pender Island, BC, Canada, V0N 2M2
We do our best to respond to feedback within 5 business days.
Compatibility with browsers and assistive technology
theethicalmove.org is designed to be compatible with the following assistive technologies:
- Mozilla FireFox with NVDA
- Google Chrome with NVDA
- Microsoft Edge with NVDA
- Mozilla FireFox with JAWS
- Google Chrome with JAWS
- Microsoft Edge with JAWS
Accessibility of the ethical move website relies on the following technologies. They need to work with the particular combination of web browser and any assistive technologies or plugins installed on your computer:
We rely on these technologies in order to conform with the accessibility standards used.
Limitations and alternatives
Despite our best efforts to ensure accessibility of the ethical move, there may be some limitations. Below is a description of known limitations and potential solutions. Please contact us if you observe an issue not listed below.
Known limitations for the ethical move:
- Comments from users: We cannot ensure the quality of contributions, so uploaded images may not have text alternatives. Comment language might include instructions that rely on sensory perceptions. We monitor user comments and typically repair issues within 5 business days. Please contact us if you come across such an issue.
- Additional instructions on pledge form: We cannot ensure the code of third party developers is accessible. Therefore, assistive technologies may not announce the additional instructions on the pledge form at all, or they may announce them out of order. We are exploring custom code alternatives, layout alternatives and communicating regularly with the third party developer to improve accessibility. If you encounter an issue that prevents you from filling out the pledge form, please reach out via email and we will assist you in taking your pledge.
- Images of text: The design and branding requirements of the website lead to an image of text being used in multiple instances. That’s why some images of text include essential content. In those cases, we include alternative text that states the exact text included in the image.
We used self-evaluation to assess the accessibility of theethicalmove.org.
Please let us know if you’d like to receive our evaluation report and statement for the ethical move.
We’re always looking to improve the accessibility of this website.
- find any problems other than the ones listed on this page,
- think we’re not meeting accessibility requirements, or
- would prefer a different form of support for accessibility,
please reach out to [email protected] and we’ll get back to you within 5 work days.
This statement was created on 1 May 2021 using the W3C Accessibility Statement Generator Tool and slightly edited to improve readability.