We believe the way we sell can change the world.
How we sell has us trapped in consumerism, creating a cycle that is uninspired, unethical, and harmful to the planet and its inhabitants.
Our global economy only benefits a small part of the world, and an even smaller fraction within that. We are facing a growing wealth gap, exploitation, displacement, fear, incredible amounts of waste, climate change, ...all we need to do is follow the money to find the source of it.
And, we have an incredible opportunity.
Small businesses are the largest growing sector of our global economy - we are even called the 'New Economy'. We have no need to continue with the same methods used to generate demand. We can create anything. This is our chance to break the rules, to change the status quo, to make the ethical choice for the good of all - not just a select few.
The ethical move is setting out to shed light on marketing tactics, and to start a conversation on how we can - and should - sell ethically so as to break the cycle of consumerism.
We are a new and evolving movement, learning as we go, in collaboration with you. Please connect if you have feedback to improve our approach!
where we're at
- Gathering allies for the movement, building awareness.
- Conversation with B-Corp, Fair Trade & other ethical standards.
- Creating a publication on Medium with incredible contributors to start dissecting the giant grey zone that is manipulation in marketing.
- Building a free online community through Mighty Networks to open the conversation to everyone.
where we're headed
- Adding a podcast & Twitter account to the conversation.
- Creating an Ethical Marketing Standard by 2019 based on our pledges.
- Collaboration with ISEAL / studying their Codes of Good Practice.
- Become part of the B-Corp assessment reel once the standard is fleshed out.
...and of course breaking consumerism + eliminating the wealth gap.